Deep Dive: Ayumi Hamsaki Part Twenty-Five (Winter Diary: A7 Classical)


    Guys, OMG. This is it. This is the album that should have been A ONE. Same tracklist with the original mixes during the summer. And then this classical version released in the winter. This is it. This is what it should have been. Let's get into the deep dive. It's going to be a short one.

    

    Not sure why that revelation hit me in the first part of the review when it's been 9 years since 2015, but I guess better late than never. Hamasaki reignited her passion again in 2015, I think. I think it was sixxxxxx that started it all. I really do. It was the most excited she had sounded in awhile, and that carried over with the lone new song here. 

    The classical remixes are nice here. I've always had a soft spot for Hamasaki's orchestra albums as they make you feel triumphant when you sing along with your favorite songs. That feeling is the same here. "Step By Step" is my favorite of the bunch still!

    As far as the new song, "Winter Diary," goes. It's Hamasaki's best winter ballad since "You Were..." Very Christmas-y. Which feels weird as crap talking about considering it is May 1st. So we're having our Christmas in July two months early. We make new rules around here. Maybe give this album a listen when the weather starts to turn cold. I think you'll like it.



Rank: B Rank
Recommendation: May-ry Christmas
Standouts:
    Step by Step
    No Future
    Winter Diary



Comments

Popular Posts