Song Spotlight: Shaboozey's "A Bar Song (Tipsy)"


    I guess you can't say I'm on the cutting edge of trends. After listening to Cowboy Carter, I immediately checked out the artists who were featured on the record's discography. When Shaboozey dropped this insanely fun number in April, I just knew it would blow up. And blow up it did. But I'm just now talking about it. 
    "A Bar Song (Tipsy)" is possibly this year's most fun song. It's been stuck in my head for weeks. I listen to it at work a lot just to perk up the dull atmosphere. Shaboozey is truly a visionary. I have yet to listen to "A Bar Song's" parent album, Where I've Been, Isn't Where I'm Going, but I'm sure to be in for a treat. And you can bet that it will be discussed here!
    Shaboozey's vocal performance on the song isn't discussed. He does so many nuanced things with his voice that adds to the majesty of this majestic record. He really sings like he lives the song's life. Which I'm sure he does. But just how he sings certain lines are enough to give you cold chills!
    And of course, the atmosphere of the song is free and rustically beautiful. 
    The interpolation of J-Kwon's own "Tipsy" is a crazy great and unexpected nod. And an example of genre defying. I think we're witnessing the birth of a new genius.






Rank: S Rank
Recommedation: when everybody's at the bar gettin' tipsy.



Comments

Popular Posts