Song Spotlight: Chappell Roan's "Good Luck, Babe!"


    I swear to God I thought I did a review of this song when I first listened to it. I think I'm having some Mandela Effect going on or whatever. I even remember finding the single art for the article. I think I'm just an unreliable reviewer who is always one step behind trends.
    And Chappell Roan is the new hot to go trend. 
    I loved "Good Luck, Babe!" immediately. It's a heavenly anthem. It really reminds me of the anthems that really only J-pop (like Mizuki Nana) touches. Not that it's an anime-ish song. But when the song soars on the chorus, it's not something that's usually seen on American Top 40. 
    That first verses lays the groundwork and builds steadily. Then Roan shows off those upper registers in a falsetto belting the beginning of the chorus. And it's like you got to taste a cloud in the big blue sky. So refreshing. So thirst quenching. The synths are amazing. The base is funky. And Roan really embodies an angel with her arms out the car sunroof. 



Rank: S Rank
Recommendation: When you're trying to stop the world just to stop a feeling



Comments

Popular Posts