Song Spotlight: Katy Perry & Doechii's "I'M HIS, HE'S MINE"


    My biggest confession for this week is probably that I have bopped to Katy Perry and Doechii's "I'M HIS, HE'S MINE" way more than anyone else. It's got like an elevator beat? If that makes sense? But it's flossy and glossy. This. This is where Katy needs to be. 
    I've honestly not listened to Doechii before this, but I looked up Alligator Bites Never Heal after this. I was very impressed. She's got something to say, and she says it so confidently. 
    I think this is the first song Katy's done this album cycle that doesn't pander or chase trends. It does its own thing, and that's what makes it cool. I honestly thought 143 was doomed, but I think Doechii may have just saved it from the flames. 
    That "Gypsy Woman" sample does wonders for the song. The beat is both hot and ice cold. Perry and Doechii also tag team for a helluva hook that really gets stuck in your head. 
    Here's hoping this takes off and Katy gets that much needed hit she needs to get her confidence back.


Rank: B Rank
Recommendation: when you need to remind your man who he belongs to.



Comments

Popular Posts