Seasonal Styles: Autumn 2023



    Welcome to Seasonal Styles! This is where we talk about songs that match the seasons. I made playlists for all four seasons with songs that I think match each. What are you listening to in autumn 2023? Let's get stylish!

Songs:



1. Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

I first listened to + the whole way through early last month, and it feels like an autumn album to me. I really enjoyed it, but this song stood out the most for autumn.




2. Autumn Leaves by Nat King Cole

I'm starting to notice a theme... Anyways, I think Mr. Nat King Cole's unforgettable voice fits the colder months so perfectly. Not biased because of his Christmas songs though.




3. Autumn in New York by Ella Fitzgerald

A classic by the amazing Ella Fitzgerald! Perfectly captures a New York autumn!




4. October Stormy Night by Nakamori Akina

Her voice is so powerful and soulful. "October Stormy Night" is a gem and great for rainy autumn nights. 





5. Yes by Acid Black Cherry

A hauntingly beautiful song carried by powerful rock and angelic vocals.




6. Boyfriend -part 2- by Crystal Kay

Maybe it's the 2000s vibe that makes me nostalgic, but I love this song during autumn. 




Albums:


1. Bon Iver, Bon Iver by Bon Iver

I think it's the falsetto that gives me the autumn vibe. Or maybe the gorgeous minimalist instrumentals. 




2. More Life by Drake

It has "Passionfruit." Enough said.





3. Made in the A.M. by One Direction

The first half of this album feels autumnal, but my God is "What A Feeling" a good song. 





4. Fever by Miura Daichi

One of Japan's most soulful men. Plus "Sing Out Loud" makes me think of an autumn morning for some reason.




5. U ~Best of Best~ by Matsushita Yuya

"Trust Me," "Honesty," "Foolish Foolish," "Super Drive," and "4 Seasons" make this compilation feel like an autumn feast. 





6. Bootleg by Yonezu Kenshi

Releasing around autumn 2017 propelled this album to a yearly November listen for me. Highlights include "Shunrai" and "LOSER."

Comments

Popular Posts