Song Spotlight: Eminem's "Houdini"


    Two great singles titled "Houdini" released so close together! Crazy. I was almost hoping this would have been like when Trisha Yearwood and LeAnn Rimes released two versions of the same song back in '97. I'm kidding, of course.
    "Houdini" is great. It's fun! So fun! And hilarious! The Steve Miller Band sample is pure genius, y'all. I think this has "hit" written all over it. The bars are great. The various throwbacks are a joy. I kinda hope he leans into past nostalgia for the whole upcoming record. Especially if it's like this. And I hope he gets Megan Thee Stallion to feature on it! Seriously! They could make a new "WAP." It'd be insane.
    The production overall is great. And no need to comment on Eminem. He's a genius.
    Some people think Em's shading Meg here. I'm not sure? I think it's his usual Slim Shady style? He is the King of Controversy, after all! I'll be bopping to this one all summer, y'all.






Rank: S Rank
Recommendation: when you feel that there's really a Slim Shady in you.



Comments

Popular Posts