Ear Candy: BRONZE AVERY's HEATWAVE


    We're closing out summer with a HEATWAVE, BRONZE AVERY's second studio album dropped earlier this year. I guess I'm late as usual. I really enjoyed his first offering, SOFTMETAL, and "SCAN AND COPY" heavily reminds me of Britney Spears' work on Blackout. The rest of this album sounds like it takes influences from Japan with its bright pop sound, provocative dance-vibes, and it keeps you on your toes. 
    AVERY's vocal performance is a taste all on its own. His voice is pleasing when it hits the ears. It's playful. It's seductive. 
    This is a rare album where there's not a bad track. They're all really freaking good. You can dance from the first second to the last. The songs rarely reach the 3-minute mark, but they still feel like full-length songs with a beginning, middle, and conclusion so you're not too beat up about it. Though I'd listen to 6-minute extended versions of every song here and die happy. I'd be obsessed with every minute. 
    The first 3 tracks really go hard though. It's a insane 3-song stretch.
    The overall vibe here is beachy, sunny, summery, city, night life, and metropolis. With a sound this bright, it really makes my imagination wander. I like to imagine scenarios for songs, and my mind immediately goes to Tokyo with these. The album's so fun it really makes you imagination grow!
    I can't wait for AVERY to blow up. It's going to be great. Everyone will be crazed for his catalogue. 



Rank: S Rank
Recommendation: when you want to flash your titties from the sunroof.
Standouts:
    Seriously, all of them. Give the album a chance. 



Comments

Popular Posts