Seasonal Style: Autumn 2024



    Autumn is my favorite time of year, so I am very excited to be writing this article. We are officially in fall! Here's some songs and albums for the season.

Songs:

1. Koda Kumi - "Anata Dake ga"


    That piano intro screams golden autumn days. Even if nothing else does. This song is autumn goodness.

2. Etta James - "Stormy Weather"


    It's Etta James. How can you go wrong with getting sentimental with this number?

3. Nakamori Akina - "October Storm"


    I'm beginning to notice a theme...

Albums:

1. Ariana Grande - Positions


    I discovered this album last autumn, and I have been a changed man since. 

2. Miura Daichi - FEVER


    For whatever reason "SING OUT LOUD" gives me major autumn morning vibes. Followed by the disco-ness of the title track, and then the haunt of "Unlock." It just feels like an autumn album to me. Oh and it was released in September of 2015 too. 

3. The Beatles - Revolver

    
    I also get major autumn vibes from Revolver. Maybe because of "Eleanor Rigby?"



And there's our list! I do a listening project every autumn where I listen to an artist's whole discography that I haven't listened to before. I've got a few artists I'm working on now. I think I'm going to do No Doubt and Gwen Stefani this year. And The Black Eyed Peas. Very random, I know. But I like to do that. Hahaha

Until next time!





Comments

Popular Posts